Teaching Excellence Framework
The Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) assesses providers undergraduate teaching based against criteria that covers the areas of quality, learning environment and student outcomes. It aims to recognise teaching excellence in addition to existing requirements for higher education providers.
We were awarded Silver in TEF3 (June 2018). Our provider submission relating to that assessment can be downloaded here:
TEF3 Provider Submission (PDF)
This means based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that the University delivers provision that is of high quality, and consistently exceeds the rigorous national quality requirements for UK Higher Education.
In particular the panel found that the University displayed evidence of:
- Commitment to enhance the student learning experience through development of effective learning resources and teaching practice
- the involvement of employers in the development and review of all programmes
- mental health provision and support systems that facilitate student guidance and underpin continuation
- the embedding of the Enterprise and Employability Award scheme within academic programmes
- the Enterprise and Employability strategy to support student start-ups
- the working partnership with the Students’ Union.