What we offer?
Our team of careers professionals are here to support you through your time at the University of Wolverhampton. Our services are available to you for upto 3 years after you graduate which include:
- 1-2-1 careers appointments to help with application forms and CV's for part time jobs, placements and internships
- Mock interviews to help you practice answering difficult or sector specific interview questions
- Practice psychometric tests
- Information on part time jobs, working or studying abroad, placements and internships
- Advice on further study options and professional qualifications you might need to successfully meet your career aspirations
- Careers advice and information for once you start employment
- Impartial advice and guidance to help you make informed decisions about your career plans
Find out about ways in which you can explore your interests, skills and motivations to find out what you want most from your career.
Learn the best ways to research your ideas further and to become fully informed about your career options.
Turn your ideas into action by creating action plans to remind you of your career goals and to keep you on track.
Now that you know what you'd like to do, find opportunities that fit your preferences.
Work during your studies
Demonstrate your self-awareness, articulate your career aim, and market your skills, experiences and knowledge.
Almost everyone is nervous about interviews and assessment centres, but careful preparation can help you feel more confident and in control.
70% of jobs are never advertised. It is important that you know how to tap into the hidden job market by networking effectively.
Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
The Careers Team are available to support you through your Higher and Degree Apprenticeship programme. We can support you with:
- 1-2-1 appointments
- Understanding and improving your career management skills
- Building your personal brand
- Better understanding of your motivations and values through our career assessments
- Practice numerical, verbal and situational judgement tests
- Advice and guidance to support your career planning and development
- Support with recruitment activities to help you progress, including applications and interviews
Log onto Career SPACE to access your bespoke careers content and book an appointment with one of our advisers.
Career SPACE Disclaimer:
The University of Wolverhampton may share certain information with third party software suppliers to facilitate a single sign on function. Such information may include your first name, last name, course details and email address. By using this software you are providing your consent to The University of Wolverhampton to share such information with its third party software suppliers for this purpose only. The University of Wolverhampton is committed to complying with Data Protection legislation. For more information, please see our Privacy Notice.