You can use self-service kiosks at all our libraries to borrow and return books, check your library account and pay any fines.
Items are loaned for 1 week at a time. Borrowing allowances are;
- Undergraduate students - 30 items
- students registered with SSW (Student Support and Wellbeing) – 40 items (for 2 weeks)
- teaching students – 30 items plus an additional 20 from the curriculum resources collection at Walsall (for 6 weeks)
- staff, researchers and postgraduates – 40 items
You’ll need your University ID card with you to borrow; you can place up to 10 items at a time on the self-service kiosk to issue them all in one go!
Unless requested by someone else your items will renew automatically for up to a year – there’s no need for you to do anything! If someone does request any of your books we will send you an email (to your University email address) and you will have 7 days to return it (14 days for SSW registered students). After that it will incur fines of £1 per day; fines are only charged on items which have been requested by someone else.
Why hasn’t my book renewed?
- Someone has requested the book so it needs to be returned.
- You have £21 or more in library fines. You need to pay some of your fines to reduce them below £21.
- You have borrowed the book for a year; please bring it into the library so that it can be re-issued to you.
- Your library access is ending e.g. you’ve graduated.
If you have overdue items and you’re not sure why, please speak to us as soon as possible. You can call us on 01902 32 1333 (or 0845 4081631), email via Ask the Library or come to the helpdesk in any library.
If items are already on loan or are held at another library you can request them to be sent to a library of your choice.
How do I request an item?
To request an item in LibrarySearch just click on ‘Request’, choose which library you want to collect it from and click on ‘Send request’. You will receive an email when it is ready for collection; you then have 7 days in which to collect it.
How long will it take?
If the item is available at the library you have chosen it will usually be ready for you to collect within 24 hours.
If it is held in a different library then you need to allow time for it to be picked from the shelf there and delivered to your chosen library. It will usually be ready for you to collect within 3 working days.
If all copies are on loan then it depends on when those borrowers return the items. They will receive an email notification and should return them within 7 days of a request being made; if they do not they will incur fines.