Introduction to Elements
Elements has recently been implemented as the University’s research information management system, allowing researchers to showcase and share their research activity within the community.
Elements is provided to us by Symplectic, for more information on Elements click here.
The CRIS (Current Research Information System) Project is part of the Digital Campus programme. To find out more on the CRIS project click here.
Click Symplectic Elements Demo for an overview of the functionality of Elements.
If you are a user of Elements (Staff with Significant Responsibility for Research, Administrator or a current Doctoral Student), please ensure you are familiar with the updated Elements Usage Policy - Feb 2020.
Benefits of Elements
There are many benefits associated with the use of Elements such as;
- Automated data capture
- Linkage between research activities ( e.g. linking grants with outputs and/or impact)
- Updated researcher profiles
- Compliance with HEFCE Open Access Policy
- Management of the Research Excellence Framework (REF) submission
- Integration with University systems, e.g.- WIRE, Agresso and SITS