Here are some ways that money is making a visible difference to our students.
1. £18m new Business School
Our flagship Lord Swraj Paul Building opened its doors to students in November 2015, providing a skyline changing presence for the University of Wolverhampton Business School.
Its six storeys contain an executive education suite, innovative teaching and learning spaces, an IT suite, consulting rooms and a central social space and café.
2. Rosalind Franklin Building: dedicated to science
The state-of-the-art Rosalind Franklin Building is an exciting addition to City Campus, serving students, staff and the wider community in furthering the advancement of science.
With over 6000sqm across 6 floors, it’s full of the highest-specification equipment, including a lecture capture system to support our students in their studies, whatever their chosen field.
3. £10m invested in engineering at Telford
We’re investing in advanced new engineering facilities and courses in response to the national shortage of qualified engineering graduates to help you take your place in this exciting marketplace.
4. £100m super campus for construction
We’re developing the former Springfield Brewery site in Wolverhampton into a national centre for excellence for construction and the built environment.
The super campus is home to the West Midlands University Technical College and Elite Centre for Maunfacturing Skills, and our own School of Architecture and the Built Environment will soon be moving on-site, delivering an unbeatable skills pathway for construction education and training.
5. £4m City Campus courtyard revamp
A City Campus makeover has transformed the Courtyard and Millennium City Building facilities and access, with a new food court, extension and glass entrance foyer.
The landscaped Courtyard has become a fresh and popular space for socialising and events, and access to other buildings, particularly the entrance from the quad to the Wulfruna Building, have improved.
6. Multi-million Digital Campus programme
If you think the physical changes on campus are impressive, more transformations are happening behind-the-scenes in our multi-million digital campus investment programme.
- Apps Anywhere: allowing you to access the software you need, where you need it.
- New student portal: this eye-catching homepage will make accessing all your essential info as easy as saying MyWLV.
- New virtual learning environment will soon be rolled out, upgrading teaching and learning across the board.
- Digital platform upgrade: you might not see it, but work behind-the-scenes is our updating storage and processing capacity.