Who to Contact

Before you arrive in the UK

If you have any questions or require assistance with your visa application or preparing for your interview, please contact -

  • Your Regional Officer/Manager
  • Your Agent 


During your stay in the UK

We offer the following services within the Compliance and Visa and Immigration Support teams:

  • General queries about your visa
  • How the university engagement policy affects your visa
  • Concerns that something on your visa is incorrect
  • Queries about your visa restrictions (e.g. working hours)
  • Difficulties with getting past the visa areas of the online enrolment task
  • Visa applications (these are usually longer appointments, depending on the complexities of your case).


If you have any questions or require support or advice about any visa or immigration issues, please contact -

Sarah Guest or Kate Williams
Visa & Immigration Support Officers
Student Support and Wellbeing Office

Please note: the University is not in a position to support or advise students who have over-stayed their visa. 

Students’ Union

If you want to talk to an advisor in confidence you can also go to the Advice and Representative Centre in the Students’ Union. The Students’ Union cannot provide immigration advice but it may be able to support you with non-immigration related issues. The Students' Union does not have the same responsibilities to the Home Office as the University and can provide impartial and confidential advice.

Advice and Representative Centre
Students’ Union
MD Building, City Campus and WS Building, Walsall Campus
01902 322038 


Further information for international students is available from the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) and students are urged to view the range of resources available on their website here.



The UKVI has a range of resources available on their website here <Visas & Immigration>. If you do use any of these resources please be aware that they language used can be quite technical. If you would like to discuss anything you read in more detail, please contact the team as above.

Independent legal advice

There are occasions that the Visa and Immigration Support Team are unable to advise, because the issue refers to an immigration route that is something we cannot legally provide advice on. In these cases we will advise you to seek independent legal advice. Law firms specialising in this area can be found online. We cannot advise on a specific law firm, but would urge anyone taking this route to follow the advice on the Solicitors Regulation Authority website here https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/register/



Please note, staff members of the University of Wolverhampton Visa and Immigration Support Team are authorised to give immigration advice and services and are required to comply with the Code of Standards published by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). This advice is available to both prospective and current international students.